Like a winding river flowing over natural rock formations, the visual combination of water and smooth stone is as timeless and soothing as it gets! With the summer season upon us and temperatures rising outside, there’s no better time than the present to use Horizon Stone products to enhance your pool area and bring this relaxing combination to your property. Thoughtful planning and the tremendous ease of installation of stone veneer will ensure that your outdoor oasis is completed efficiently and flawlessly for premium summer fun and beyond. Here are a few key considerations on how to use stone veneer for your pool area:
Selecting Stone Veneer for Pool Areas – When it comes to selecting stone veneer for pool areas, you can weigh several factors to help shape your choices and ensure they serve the vision you aim to achieve:
- Color & Contrast – Depending on the look of your home, you can choose stone veneer colors that will contrast with your home’s exterior for standout design (left) or blend in with the surrounding pool architecture (right). We love the idea of choosing stone veneer for pools that features a unifying accent color or undertone to the rest of the property.
If your pool area receives ample natural light, a medium to darker stone color or mix can help tone down the overall brightness of the space. If your pool area features plenty of shade, a lighter-toned stone veneer color or mix can help create a bright, clean layout.
- Size & Shape – Different stone sizes and shapes can also contribute to the aesthetic of your home and help make the entire property feel connected. For homes that are more traditional or rustic, consider a stone veneer that features larger chopped, mosaic, or fieldstone. To complete a modern or contemporary pool area, explore the sharper angles and edges of ledgestone or cut stone. A multi-shaped stone veneer will pop just the right way when paired with other more uniform materials and surfaces.
Different Types of Stone Pool Accents – Once you find your favorite stone veneer, which stone pool accents or combination will you create to transform your backyard into a relaxing resort-like space? These stone veneer pool accents bring plenty of gorgeous color, genuine texture, helpful function, and undeniable visual interest:
- Stone Pool Walls – Whether your vision includes a stone veneer accent wall for standout design or stone veneer border walls to help frame the space, stone pool walls help create a sophisticated feel that blends in with your yard’s natural landscape.
- Stone Pool Kitchen – There’s no need to take the pool party inside when everyone gets hungry: Crafting a stone pool kitchen with built-in refrigeration and/or grilling area means less water tracked inside!
- Stone Firepit/Fireplace – For even more relaxing vibes, a stone veneer firepit or stone veneer fireplace will bring added warmth and coziness to your pool area.
- Stone Columns – A covered pool patio is instantly elevated by creating stone veneer columns for timeless, luxurious appeal.
Both easy to install and easy to maintain, stone veneer is the perfect material to uplift your pool area and entire home exterior in general. Locate your nearest Horizon Stone distributor and begin brainstorming how you can craft the pool of your dreams that you and your family will cherish for years!